Here are some simple tips to increase the longevity of your gear:
- Always check the label for specific information on how to care for your gear.
- Avoid using fabric softener.
Machine wash in cold water and lay flat to dry. This helps protect the life of the fabric and shape of your gear.
- Wash bright colored gear with similar colors.
- Turn your gear inside out and wash it with other synthetic fabrics and avoid anything abrasive, such as denim or garments with Velcro, zippers, or open clasps.
- DO NOT wash your gear in an overloaded washing machine or in very hot water.
Removing the cups when washing our sports bras helps them to keep their shape. Hand-wash the cups in cool or warm water and lay them flat to dry.
- Tumble dry your gear on the lowest setting if you’re in a rush, but air drying is HIGHLY recommended. Drying your gear in a dryer often or on a heat setting that is too high will cause the stretch to diminish and logos will start to peel off. If you notice a logo start to peel, follow these simple steps to get it to re-stick:
- Heat an iron to a high heat setting.
- Place the garment on an ironing board, and place a piece of white paper on top of the area of the logo that is peeling off.
- Iron over the peeling logo quickly, using only the edge of the iron.
- Repeat this process and keep checking the logo until you notice it's sticking to the garment again.